We have another promotion where there will be prizes. The next winner will be the person who is our 95,000th subscriber. As you found out here, it goes very fast. We average over 30 new subscribers a day. We will get there pretty fast. We just passed 91,850. If you haven’t already subscribed please do by clicking on the icon right after the title of this post.
Doug Bolton, the founder of Signs of Hope, is writing a new book, “Signs of Hope for the Military: In and Out of the Trenches of Life.” It will be reaching out the many military and veterans who may be battling anxiety, fear, depression, addictions, rejections, PTSD, and the many other usual suspects. There are 22 military connected suicides ever day. That is almost one every hour. Doug wants to help stop those statistics. Be looking for more details about the new book. Doug Is also seeking military who would be willing to do an interview. It will be part of the book. Sharing by actual soldiers will help many others.
Just had a scary morning. I lost my billfold and couldn’t find it for a couple of hours of heavy searching. The fear of someone finding it and using my cards and identity was overwhelming for a while.
I finally found it a couple minutes ago stuck between my car door and the seat. This proves that 99% of what we worry about never happens. We just need to turn the other 01% over to God.
If you were able to choose a place to go to with snap of your finger where would you go? Hawaii? Bahamas? London, Paris, Rome, in a package deal? Disneyland? Siberia in winter? Sahara Desert in summer?
The first six are no brainers. We all would like to go to any of those. The last two…are you kidding me? That would be very stressful and frankly very dangerous.
Well, those last two are called “the wilderness.” We all have to face the wilderness in our lives. We have times when the days seem unbearable. We have times when we want to hid from the world.
Those day are what I call as “storms” we have to face. Some storms aren’t too bad, but others are like what I see out my window right now, lots of wind and tons of rain falling.
It is the raging storms where we have to depend on God. It could be a doctor’s appoint with bad news coming. It could be a broken relationship. It could even be a loss of a love one.
Any of those situations are hard, at best, to face. We can’t do it alone. We can’t try to wing it without God. That would like jumping off a cliff without a parachute. The outcome doesn’t look good.
If you are troubled. If you are facing some very stormy days, lean on God. He cares. He loves you. He made you in His own image. He gave you your first breath. He will allow the storms, but He will be there to help calm them.
Stay strong in the love of God, and your storms will come and go, but you will be stronger with God on your side.
So, enjoy the Bahamas, Hawaii, etc, but know that you will find refuge even when the bad times show up.
You are never alone.
You are never forsaken.
You are never unloved.
And above all…never, ever, give up!